Wednesday, November 24, 2010

John 14

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.


My dad had my family memorize this chapter together. We would recite it at the table during meals. I don't know that I could recite it now, but I am very familiar with this chapter. I don't know that I fully understand this part-how will I do greater things than what Jesus did? Why do people ask for things from Jesus, and then they don't happen? I believe the Bible 100%, but sometimes I don't understand how it applies directly in people's lives.


Jesus promises the Holy Spirit who will teach us things. Teach us how? I have heard that those who are not Christians cannot understand the Bible as Christians do, because they do not have the Holy Spirit.


I have a 10-6 shift for work, and then Thanksgiving. Then Black Friday and Saturday. I guess Hobby Lobby is busy on both days. I'm not really excited about working those days, but ask God to help me through them. He has a purpose in everything-maybe it's just helping people find what they need in the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment