Sunday, June 27, 2010

weekend routine

Weekend mornings are pretty routine: get up, get all of Alex's food ready for his lunch and dinner, then get dressed while Alex makes breakfast. He usually gets leftovers for dinner. I ride with him to work, and then drive the car back to the house. I usually finish my coffee, read my Bible, and fight the temptation to eat whatever sweets are in the house.

This morning I came back and ate an apple-because apples are delicious, and they are healthier than the chocolate chip pan cookies I made. My second cup of coffee is calling my name.

This afternoon I am throwing a wedding shower for my best friend. She's getting married in August, and I am very excited for her. She threw a shower for me a while back, and it was incredible.

Since the church is throwing a separate shower for Bethany, I am throwing her one for family and friends. I am hoping and praying it all goes well. I've never done anything quite like this before, but baking mini blueberry muffins brought joy to my soul. We're playing off the "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" saying. I think the idea is cute-I only hope it works well with a co-ed group of people.

What does the host wear to the wedding shower? I still haven't decided. I am not going to be the main attraction, but I should still look nice. Probably not that big of a deal, but I have still to make up my mind.

My second cup of coffee is still too hot, but I am looking forward to it. This morning is a two-cup coffee king of morning. Not bad, just sleepy. Gotta wake up before the drive to church this morning.

Continuing to strive for excellence in household management and planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment