Saturday, February 25, 2012

Waking up from the dream.


Transitioning to real life today. We slept in, as we didn't get back to our house until around 1am. We enjoyed our breakfast of what was left in the fridge and freezer (eggs, sausage, and pancakes), did our together Bible study, and then started on our jobs: Alex did his school stuff and is working on the Sunday school lesson for tomorrow, and I have just completed our meal plan and grocery list for the day.

Our wonderful pastor has blessed us with some venison meat and some healthy ground beef, and for that we are incredibly grateful. This helps us tremendously with eating healthier meats, and staying within our food budget. After checking our bank account today, we definitely  need to stay within our budget. Vacation was fun, but we didn't have a set budget, and spent more than we should have. Next time we go on vacation we plan to have a planned budget ahead of time for everything.

Also, I can say with certainty that I weigh more now than I ever have in my whole life. When in Disney, I bought my first ever size large shirt. Actually, I bought three of them. It was a relief to wear a shirt that actually fit. While packing for the trip, I pretty much packed any shorts that still fit. I'm still not sure what to think about it. I know that I need to start eating healthier, but I don't think I've been making the worst decisions up to this point. I don't want "losing weight" to be my obsession, as this has been something I've struggled with in the past. 

So for right now, we are avoiding dairy, for the most part, because we know that it makes us feel sick. Sugar also makes us feel pretty bad, so we're not going to eat much. However, when I tell myself I can't have sugar, I end up eating lots of something else. What I am doing is buying plenty of fruit, so that we can have it instead of the processed desserts. We're still going to eat rice, bread, and noodles, but I'm going to  make sure that we also have plenty of vegetables with what we eat. Time will tell if we will ever find something that consistently works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment