Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Passion

I just reviewed this blog to see if I could find anything I felt particularly passionate about. It was kind of fun to review. Some of my cares seemed like such a big deal, and they really weren't. I wonder if I'll look back years from now and think the same thing.

I feel I am at a crossroads. I can do whatever I want, and I have no idea what I want to do. 

I thought about nursing. I took a CNA class and started working as a nurse aid. I'm seriously questioning this decision. I love the people with whom I work, but I really don't like what I'm doing. Maybe I could do it if I knew I was going to be doing a new job soon.

I've considered an MSW, but I'm not sure it's worth the time and money. I could get a BSN or even an RN, make just as much(or even more) money, and have the opportunity to become an FNP. 

I briefly considered medical school, but didn't like all the unknowns. Plus I like spending time with my kids.

I then revisited being a stay-at-home mom, but I think that's the hardest option of all. I want to have some kind of career.

I thought about bar tending, because of the creativity and social aspect. But I barely drink, and I'm not sure I'd handle super late nights very well.

What do I love to do? I'm not even sure anymore. 

I like to feel like I'm a part of something bigger than myself. I like practical solutions. I like to plan, and I like consistency. I like opportunities to be creative, but I also like boundaries. I'm and ESFJ personality for sure. I like job security. 

I'll probably stick with nursing, but I've got to move up from nurse assistant. Maybe I can do organizing groups of people/nurses. That sounds like something I'd enjoy doing.

That's all. I have to process these thoughts somewhere or I won't be able to sleep tonight. And I need lots of sleep because I'm working 3 nights in a row. But after that I asked to be switched to evenings and I am! So that's encouraging.  And that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment