Wednesday, April 29, 2015

How deleting Facebook helped my mental health

I deleted my Facebook the other day. And Twitter. And Instagram. Even Pinterest. I'm currently going through some withdrawals. I'm a little panicked when I think about how I'm missing out on everyone's updates and photos. I miss having instant distraction whenever I feel a little bored. 

But the thing is, I don't need any distractions right now. I recently started CNA training and it keeps me pretty busy. I'm hoping to start work soon after getting my license. I'm also planning to go back to school. I'm thinking about medical school. Not 100% certain on that, but I've signed up for some classes at our local community college. 

I also have two kids. When I'm not distracted by social media, I actually pay better attention to them when I am with them. I am not spending all day with them, so I cherish the time that I do have.

I'm already healing from unhealthy comparisons. I feel much more confident in my decisions because I'm not always weighing them against all the other moms I barely see in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment