Monday, April 1, 2013

Finding time in the day

It's been a while since I've blogged. Being a mom takes up a lot of time! Especially when my precious bundle loves to be cuddled and doesn't like being left alone. So I'm taking the few minutes that she's happy playing with her toys to write out some thoughts.

We've started eating Paleo/Primal again. Grains seemed to be upsetting me and Adara, so I was already headed that direction. Then Alex decided he wanted to do it too, and get back in shape. We've gone a full two weeks now, and I'm just starting to feel better. Doing a low-carb diet is no fun right away, but is worth it in the long run. Adara spits up even less now, hardly every has a blowout, and has very few bumps on her skin.

Gotta go pick up my crying baby.....

We've also started an exercise program-P90X. It is intense, and good for us, but every workout is very time-consuming. I've started getting up extra-early so that I can get it done while Adara sleeps. Today I decided to sleep in and try to fit my hour and a half yoga workout sometime today. I'm already regretting this decision.

Today I figured out that I can vacuum with one hand, and hold Adara with my other arm. She really likes the vacuum cleaner, so this works out pretty well. I can also load the dishwasher with one hand, but sometimes the dishes don't get rinsed off as well. I've thought about putting her in her carrier while I do housework, but I bend over a lot, and so I still need one hand to support her. Carrier works great for when I'm out though.

And now it's time for her to eat again. Definitely treasuring these moments, because I know that soon enough she will be older and able to run around the house.


So what do you all do when you try to get stuff done? Have you noticed how you eat affecting your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment