Thursday, April 4, 2013

Getting into the "sling" of things

I've tried the sling before, and Adara just fussed while in it. Yesterday I really wanted to finish some laundry, and Adara wanted attention. Since she wasn't fussy when I held her, so I decided to give the sling another shot. It worked out great! I got some laundry folded and put away, and put some dishes in the dishwasher. Some things were not folded as well as if I was not holding a baby, but it is put away.


I used it again today for a little while. Adara's been kinda fussy all day, and no matter what I did she was only fussy-free for a few minutes. After laying down with her for the umpteenth time to try to get her to sleep, I finally just left her and went to work in the kitchen. I heard a tiny bit of fussing, but kept working on my paleo waffles that I was dying to try. After a few minutes, all I heard was silence. I checked in on her, and she'd fallen asleep! She hardly ever falls asleep unless I'm right next to her! Guess this time she wanted her space. I learn something new about this child every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment