Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Six Months

Adara is six months old! Her appointment was in the middle of the month, but I thought I'd share on here how it went.

Her head is 18", which is off the charts, haha. she's got lots of smarts :)
She is 25.5 inches long, which is about average, and weighs 16 lbs 9 oz. She's perfect.
I reported that I feed her about 6 times during the day, and then another 3-4 times throughout the night.
We talked about solids, and how babies don't need anything but breast milk until they are 1 year old. I mentioned how I had read something saying that breast milk isn't adequate after 6 months, and she said that isn't true, especially with how often I'm feeding her. It's also fine to just let her try stuff I'm eating, and start with mushy foods like sweet potatoes, avocado, and bananas. She's growing at the perfect rate, and I'm to keep doing what I'm doing. Adara was so sweet and smiling the whole time we were there.

Things I should expect:

  • more teeth
  • mobility-so I should make sure I have a space safe for her to play.


Since she's turned six months, it's been amazing to see how much she is learning! She's learning to sit up, and loves to wiggle and bounce! She also loves to talk, and has been stringing together "baba", "mamama" and "dadada".

Here she is at six months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment