Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happenings

Its been an August filled with both expected and unexpected happenings.

I was in a beautiful wedding for a dear friend.

I had dinner with a new friend.

I went on a trip (last minute for Alex and I) to Florida for "Gram's" memorial service. It was beautifully done. She was a very loving person, and it showed throughout her family.

It's still hard to believe we just got back today. It feels like yesterday, or maybe even a week ago. We drove Saturday, more on Sunday and then attended the memorial service and family time. We drove into the night Sunday night, and started again Sunday morning. We returned to Columbia shortly after noon, giving Alex and I time to prepare for him to go to work tonight.

After he went to work, I drove to Nashville to see Bethany and her new apartment. She's getting married on Friday, and I couldn't be more excited for her. Her little boy was running all around the house, and he almost said my name! It was lovely being back in Nashville and catching up with my best friend for a short bit.

I have ended my night with grocery shopping. I had intended to do this deed early Saturday morning, but this changed with the Florida trip. I did all my shopping at Kroger, which happens very rarely. I usually hit Aldi first, and then get whatever else I need at Kroger. Being that Kroger was the only place open at the late hour, I decided to pay a little extra so that I don't have to go out again this week. That's the plan anyways.......

No comments:

Post a Comment