Friday, August 27, 2010

uncreatively "healthy"

So I was making meal plans for the week, and remembered that we still have sandwich meat we haven't eaten. One of Alex's favorite meals to eat used to be sandwiches and chips. Since going low-carb, we have rid the house of breads and chips, but not the meat. So I decided to tear the meat in pieces, cook it up a little in the frying pan, and put it on a salad. The veggies were healthy, but the meat probably wasn't the best option. However, it is cheap, so it's an easy option when I feel like I'm running out of ideas.

Last night I made spaghetti without the noodles. It was cooked chicken, squash, and peppers with marinara sauce. And salad on the side. I'd been craving Italian, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! I even put a bit of Parm cheese on top :D

No comments:

Post a Comment