Monday, August 30, 2010

saving the apples

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and found a "Manager's special" bag of yellow apples for 99 cents. Alex informed me later that they were old.

Today my wonderful mother-in-law cut my hair, so I decided to ask her about cooking them as an alternative to eating them raw. She said I can put them in the crock put and make apple sauce! Not whole of course, so I peeled and cored the whole bag, added some water, and put them on "low" in my cute red crock pot. I love using that thing.

I really enjoy eating the peeling, but these were a little wrinkled, so I tried frying them. I added some cinnamon, but now sugar. I'm trying to not add sugar since apples are sweet anyways. they're pretty good, but I think they would have been better baked. I'll remember for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment