Thursday, May 10, 2012

Control

Pregnancy for me means that I need to know as much as I can and I need to do as much as I can to have a healthy pregnancy, birthing experience, and child. I don't always do everything right, but I am a bit of a perfectionist.

Earlier this week my mother-in-law came over for a bit and talked babies and birthing stories with me. She's gone through just about everything with her kids. Her final words to me were to do some research, and trust that God is in control and everything is going to be okay. I told her that she might need to tell me that again in a couple of months.

It was incredibly reassuring, and definitely something I needed to hear. As much as I want to make sure that everything is perfect, really God is the one who determines much of it.


The more I think I'm in charge, the more God reminds me how desperately I need Him. The more I rely on His strength instead of my own, the better off I am. His strength is way better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment