Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Last of the First

Yesterday I started week 13-so the last week of my first trimester!

I guess I expected to automatically start feeling better and have more energy. I keep reading posts that say, "You're almost done with the first trimester-you should start feeling better soon!" Now, I never felt absolutely terrible, but yesterday I started feeling about as bad as I ever have. I was super-tired for the first part of the day, and had to eat every couple of hours, which hasn't been the case for the past week. Things improved over the afternoon, thankfully. Today has been great so far.

Here's what I've learned so far:

  • Too much sugar/grains at one times gives me terrible indigestion. Small amounts are acceptable, and even help me feel satisfied.
  • If I don't have a snack about 45 minutes before I go to sleep, I wake up in the middle of the night and have a hard time going back to sleep.
    • Just carb snacks (popcorn, cookies, oatmeal) helps at first, but I still feel not-so-great in the morning.
    • Protein and high (healthy) fats help me sleep through the night: something with peanut butter or avocado helps tremendously.
  • Meat and vegetables/fruits are my best friends. This is true even sans pregnancy, but my body now feels the benefits even more.
  • Sleep is crucial. Not enough sleep=super emotional/grumpy Calista. Naps are helpful.
  • Exercise helps wake me up. Also true for pre-pregnancy, but especially helpful when I feel exhausted.
  • Most of my pre-pregnancy clothes are not going to fit anymore, unless they were already a little big on me. My clothing options are slimming, but I am thankful to have clothes that I can still wear.
Most important lesson being learned: God is in control. I must rely on Him every day to guide me and make decisions according to His will. Time with my Savior is so important, and prayer is something to be done throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment