Monday, July 2, 2012

July Resolutions


My friend Kelli Taylor has a blog that I enjoy reading every time she posts. She has started a monthly trend of posting "5-6 resolutions to work on throughout the month. After the 30-31 days, I'll grade myself and share my "report card" with you all here." She also encouraged us to start our own reports, if desired. Being a stay-at-home-wife as well, I thought it would be a great idea to start making monthly goals for myself.


July Resolutions


-Start registering for a boy or a girl: On Friday, Alex, his mom, my mom, and myself are going to the 20 week ultrasound to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! I'm so incredibly excited! I've started researching baby stuff, but  I'm excited to start registering for gender-specific baby stuff. This resolution will be super-easy to accomplish!


-Make a healthy meal plan: Today I consumed almost a whole bag of Cheetos. Not the best baby food (or adult food, for that matter). I need to plan better! The baby can taste the food through the placenta now, and I want our child to enjoy eating veggies and fruits! Also, I feel much better when I don't consume junk food.


And if any of you have known Alex or myself for any amount of time, you know all about our yo-yo dieting lifestyle. Neither of us like this pattern, but haven't found a great healthy balance yet.


-Exercise 5 times per week: Again, baby is major motivating factor. So many people have told me that exercise helps with labor endurance. I thankfully have an elliptical machine at home, and a mother-in-law who goes walking with me a couple of days out of the week, so that helps.


-Successfully go on a short road trip: We're going to North Carolina to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. I have to take walking breaks during the drive, and we're travelling with family.  I'd like to have a plan ready before we hit the road.


-Buy more maternity items: some wonderful people have helped me with maternity clothes, but there are a few things I've put off buying that I need to get!


-Update birth plan: I will do this until I I know it is ready. My wonderful husband has already spoken with someone in Labor and Delivery, and it sounds like the birth plan will be no biggie. As encouraged, I have a meeting with a lactation consultant this month, and a long class all about the birth process next month. I'll blog an update on both!


I think my biggest challenge will be documenting everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment