Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Day 13: Two Appointments Today

First, thank you all so much for your prayers! They mean so much, and it is evident that they are effective.

The ultrasound went really well! Adara's estimated weight is 6 pounds 11 ounces, and the ultrasound tech says everything looks great. She also said that Adara has lots of hair! She said to go ahead and let the office people know that I was done, and that they may call me back to see the doctor.

I did, explaining that my next appointment wasn't until 1pm. Thankfully, my doctor's nurse practitioner offered to go ahead and see me! Urine sample looks great, blood pressure great. Weight at 147 lbs-I explained that I was super full of water last time I was weighed, and that may be part of the reason why it looks like I've lost weight. She encouraged me to keep drinking water, and I said I would.

I briefly saw my doctor, as she looked over my ultrasound to make sure everything looks okay.She said that everything looks great, just as she expected it to be. She said unless I've progressed any, she'll see me next week. I asked if there wasn't any other reason, if I could just skip being checked this week. I confirmed that I haven't had any contractions. She asked how far away I live from the hospital (two minutes) and said it is fine to not be checked this week. She said that since I was at 2cm last week that I "may be one of those people that doesn't feel contractions right away." I think that sounds awesome.

I started to explain to the nurse practitioner that I don't want to be checked, and she said that she heard me talking to the doctor. I'm glad I didn't need to explain again. All she needed to do was measure my belly-right on track-and ask a few questions. I have checked my blood sugars a couple of times, and gave her a brief range of numbers-all of which are fine. She emphasized coming in as the contractions get stronger, even if they aren't always 5 minutes apart. She said that she tells people to come in if they are 10 minutes apart, as long as they keep getting stronger and stronger.  She said to call when labor starts. I nodded and said okay. We'll see what actually happens when I go into labor.


I was so nervous about telling the doctor that I didn't want to be checked this week. I was afraid that she would act like I didn't know what I was talking about, and insist that it is medically necessary. When I actually said something IT WAS NO BIG DEAL AT ALL. I had a short appointment-which is what I was hoping for-AND there was no issue with not getting checked, since I'm not in labor! I was all worried for nothing. So thanks for all your prayers, and please continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment