Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 4: Planning for uncertain days

Basically every meal from here on out is something that can wait if Adara decides to come and I don't get a chance to make it. Next week I planned meals like breakfast for dinner, pasta, and pigs in a blanket-all things that can sit in the fridge, freezer, or cabinet and won't go bad for a few days. Also, they are all super-easy to prepare. Our freezer is full of food for when she comes, but I'm trying to not use any of those meals/pieces of meals until Adara is born. If she isn't here before Thanksgiving, I've just planned leftovers and freezer food for next Friday and Saturday. I hope she's here by then!

I've had a continual challenge: "How much do you really trust Me (God)?" He's got it all under control, and I have absolutely nothing to worry about!

How I'm feeling today: I'm actually feeling great today! Last night after showering and blow-drying my hair, I slept better than I had in a while! I still had sore hips and had to get up a couple of times, but I slept really well in between the ups and downs. Usually I wake up ready to go back to sleep, but I have way more energy today. I'm really glad, because I need to get one more grocery shopping trip in. Then I will feel all set for her to come!

4 comments:

  1. If you are feeling a little burst of energy this morning chances are that you are very near the end. This is that classic nesting energy that we get right before labor. Often times the energy allows us to do a little more physical activity which starts the labor. So excited for you! Hang in there, you are going to love being a mommy and she will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I hope that's what it is! Seriously more energy than I've had this whole month! I'm so excited for her to get here!

      Delete
  2. You, Alex, and Adara sure have been in my prayers! I am so excited for you all to get to meet here. Thank you for being faithful with your blog. It has certainly been fun keeping up with your progress! And thank you for your words of faith. We ALL need reminders sometimes that God is in control, and we are not!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your prayers, and for reading my blog! It helps me to keep up with it when I know other people enjoy reading it :)

      Delete