Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 6: Hopefully my last doctor's appointment

Blood pressure, weight, urine sample, and baby's heartbeat are all great. Tiny bit of swelling. I told the doctor I haven't been checking my blood sugars this week since they were fine before and I haven't been feeling bad. She wasn't worried. The doctor measured me and then felt for where the baby is positioned: head down and but "way up there." I did let her check me this week-I was super curious! She said that the baby's head is right where it is supposed to be, that I'm about 3 cm and 80% effaced. She said something about my cervix being ripe or ready.She didn't say anything about stripping my membranes, so I'm glad that's a discussion I didn't have to have.

She then said I have two options: I can go ahead and schedule an induction for Friday or Saturday-Saturday being the best day for her, or I can wait to go into labor naturally. She said that if I haven't gone into labor naturally in a week when I come in for another appointment, then we will schedule an induction. I said I think I want to just wait for now, and she said that's fine. She said that I will probably go into labor naturally.

But it's so temping to call the office back and say I've changed my mind-that I do want to be induced by Saturday if I haven't had her yet. The timing would be perfect, and it would be a relief to know that we'll have our baby girl by sometime this weekend.

So right now we're praying and praying and doing more research and praying. We want to do God's will in everything, and we want His peace in every situation. He's taken such amazing care of us so far. I know people who have been induced and still have healthy babies. The planning and scheduling me loves the idea of a deadline and knowing when to be ready. But I don't want it to be my selfish decision. 

So if y'all would just pray for us, that would be great. Comments are fine, but please be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for wisdom for you guys and excited for you! :)