Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blessings

Alex and I got to make our amazing, life-changing announcement yesterday! We're having a baby!
Us knowing but not telling yet


We went to the doctor yesterday to find out our due date. We met with a billing person, who explained what insurance does and does not cover. Thankfully, the billing person had called a week earlier, so we knew how much to pay today.

We also did a lot of waiting in the front lobby. "The View" and "The Doctors" were two shows that came on while we were in the lobby. Mostly famous people that I don't really know, and some people yelling at each other.

The doctor I was supposed to see had fallen and broken her hand, so she was out. I met with a nurse, who asked me a bunch of questions about family history and all that. Also, I got a copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting and another baby magazine. I can already tell this book is going to be super helpful!

Then the ultrasound.

We got to see our tiny baby! The ultrasound lady measured it, and said that I'm about seven weeks along, which is less that what they thought at first. The baby looks kind of like a blob right now, but in a couple of weeks, he/she will be forming little limbs! The ultrasound machine calculated my due date to be 11/19, so we still have plenty of time for prep and planning.

I've decided to use this blog to regularly document my pregnancy. Since I still have a looooong way to go, I have a great opportunity to reflect on feelings and progress.

We are so excited about our new, tiny life! God has blessed us so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment