Monday, April 9, 2012

Working in the Sun

Today I spent almost all day working outside with groups of teachers. They were at camp for in-service, and I was one of the low ropes facilitators.

We worked at Horton Haven Christian Camp.

What was first wonderful was the congratulations from the other workers at camp. They've seen my facebook status/heard from family and friends. These are people who have known me since I was born, and their excitement means a lot to me.


Today was also BEAUTIFUL!  My only regret was that I didn't take a picture. Camp is always pretty, but the weather was also perfect!

I was a little worried that I would be too tired/hungry/emotional/etc and not do well. I'm thankful for God's grace and plenty of sleep last night! I had a very filling spinach-protein smoothie for breakfast, and was able to wait until lunch without feeling to bad-but I was definitely hungry again by lunchtime!

The groups were great, and participated well. I wish more groups came during the week, because I really enjoy seeing groups coming together, and going over practical applications when it is done!

Also, I feel rejuvenated. Being in the sun, soaking it up, being outside and sharing time with others in a beautiful environment breathed life into me. It was a nice change from staying inside and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment