Wednesday, April 18, 2012

E is for....

EXERCISE! ENERGY!

Today I exercised for real.

I did lunges down my hallway. I can do exactly five per leg all the way down. So I went down and back.


I did squats, stretches, "couch" pushups, calf raises, and some lower back/core exercises. No crunches.
Then I got on my elliptical for 20 minutes and watched an episode of Cake Boss. Then I felt great but was craving rice crispy treats and red velvet cake. On the elliptical, I kept thinking, "I am helping my baby get more oxygen!" What a motivating factor.



Since finding out about being pregnant, I've done very little in the way of exercise. I've felt tired every day, and thought that exercising would make me even more tired.


I'd been reading in books and online how important exercise is for my health and the health of my child. I was starting to feel guilty about not exercising.


After finishing, I wondered why I hadn't done it sooner! I felt more awake than I have in days, plus I felt motivated to get other things done, like vacuuming, laundry, and lunch.

No pictures of lunch. We ate it all before I thought to take a picture. It was yummy!

 Alex and our pastor came over for lunch, and it was tasty. We had venison burgers with some shredded cheese sprinkled on top and "no nitrate" bacon. I made the wheat buns yesterday. I had some purple/red potatoes that I cut up like fries and baked in the oven. We also had raw broccoli. And ranch. We ate all of the above with ranch. Also no-bakes for dessert. Water to drink. Delish.



I also sat down and practiced the piano for an hour after lunch! Since getting the keyboard from my parents, I have played maybe a couple of times since setting it up. I played through some of my old books. I plan to work my way up to the "level 5" books that I never started, and then play through some of my rags and nocturnes from books I bought in college. Playing on a keyboard is definitely not the same as a real piano. I missed the pedal, the dynamics, and the key range, but I am thankful for something on which to practice. Maybe if I keep it up someday we'll advance to the real thing....or even a weighted key board.

And finally....a "nine weeks" picture. Note that I am lined up with the edge of the door. This make for an easy comparison to the next picture...which will come in about a month  or six weeks...




So yay for exercise resulting in energy and accomplishments!


And thank my Heavenly Father for the ability to do any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment