Monday, July 5, 2010

British rebellion day


Alex made this comment about 3p.m. "You've spent most of your time in the kitchen." This is because I attempted to make chicken wings (Alex's meal tomorrow night), then made a double batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and a double batch of carrot raisin salad. Why? Well, because we were going to a 4th of July get together at my sister-in-law's house. I used her recipe for the cookies, and they were delicious! I made a total of four dozen, and two never made it out of the house.


I always enjoy time with Lacey and the Jandreaus. I found out today how much they enjoy blowing thing up-including a stuffed Elmo, poor thing. It was hilarious and impressive.

Alex and I joined David to meet his family at First Family for fireworks. We showed up about ten minutes before they started. Wow, this church can really put on a display of fire explosions! They were beautiful, and it was fun to sit back in the grass with people I enjoy.

Dishes were waiting for me at home, and it felt good to finish them before sleep. That's where I'm headed after finishing this. Good day to celebrate the declaration of independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment