Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Family Comes Over To You

Today was our first "large" family get together at my house. All of my immediate family, my grandparents, my aunt and her two sons came over to celebrate my mom's birthday. And the birthday of my two cousins.

Alex and I spent the whole morning cleaning and getting the house ready for visitors. We work well together. He knows what will look presentable, and I like to clean and sweep. We ended up putting a considerable amount of stuff in the attic- up and out of the way. Still, we weren't using it, so that's as good a place as any.

It was the first time I'd seen my extended family since getting married. It was so much fun talking to them and showing off our house. My dad and Justin hadn't even seen the house yet.

My wonderful parents gave us their old grill! That's what we used to cook the hamburgers for lunch.

I was a little worried about the space-our house is more than spacious for the two of us, but I wasn't sure how 12 of us would work. However, we all ate in out little living room with enough space. It was cozy, and it made for conversation between everyone pretty easy. Passing the cake around meant no one had to move.

My grandma said she was so excited to see me that when my mom asked her to make a birthday cake she said, "Who's birthday is it?" This makes me feel special. Steven is staying until his choir retreat tomorrow, so that should make for a fun evening.

Family. Mine. His. Ours. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment