Friday, July 9, 2010

dough boy to the rescue!


Today I was going to make beef stew. I had saved some carrots to cut up and put in it, some different cans of veggies, and even mushrooms! I had the meat from this cute Foodland where they package it themselves, and I was eager to try the meat cubes. I had planned to make cornbread this evening-honey drizzled on top and everything. I put all of the ingredients in the crock pot, plugged it in, and left it for this evening.

Alex and I saw Toy Story 3 with some of his family. On our way home I got this sinking feeling-I couldn't remember if I had turned the crock pot to "low." When we arrived at the house I walked right over to....a cold crock pot.....

Alex wonderfully reassured me that sandwiches are just fine.

I opened the fridge to start salvaging my housewife dignity. I found some pillsbury crescent rolls I bought the other day with a coupon (which was doubled!) and some breakfast sausages I intended to use to make pigs in a blanket.

Dinner improv.

Alex loved it. Pigs in a blanket are one of my favorite things to eat. Baby carrots and ranch dressing completed out meal.

The rest of the evening was spent turning just over six pounds of ground beef into various burger flavors-Italian, Mexican, Dijon mustard, and a seasoning Jeremiah recommended to Alex. They were double bagged, labeled, and put in the freezer for future use.

Top it off with lemon poppy seed muffins with some chopped strawberries tossed in, and I feel I have regained a decent position as a home maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment