Monday, July 5, 2010

cutting my own hair




Alex has left for work, and I was left to look at the mirror. I saw boring hair:








So I decided to look for videos online-how to cut layers into your own hair. I am still trying to grow it out, but add a little creativity to it. I found this interesting post with a girl who used kitchen scissors-I used craft scissors from Hobby Lobby.

So I decided to attempt this feat myself.


I brought my laptop into the bathroom, wet my hair, and followed the girl's instructions.











This is how much hair I cut off.



I then used a razor on part of my hair-yes, the kind I shave my legs with. The girl did it in the video, so I thought I would try it.





Then I blow dried it.














I finally straightened it. The front really doesn't look that different-I mostly just trimmed it and added back layers. It was fun to try. The sides still look a little messy, but I think it's all right for my first attempt at cutting my hair. I've trimmed my bangs before, but not much else. It was fun, and I will definitely be trying this again.

PS-disclaimer: I do have a mother-in-law who can cut hair. Therefore, I knew that if I ruined my hair, I could ask for help.

1 comment: