Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving Thanks and Black Friday

Yesterday was wonderful. Alex and I got to sleep in! Then we went over to his family's house for Thanksgiving number 1. We took family pictures and he played Black Ops with his dad. I watched America's Next Top Model with his sisters. Fun times. Oh, and yummy food. My pies were a success! Only one pie was even cut into, so we brought the partially eaten pie back with us, and left the others there for family to eat sometime later. Alex is bringing leftovers with him today for lunch.

We left his parent's house and returned to ours for about an hour. Then we drove 1 and a half hours to my grandparents house in Springfield for Thanksgiving number 2. Once again, good company and yummy food. I ate too many cookies at this meal, but it was tasty. Yes, I did count my calories (ish) and went over, but I'm not worried about it at all. I'll just be good today.

Today. Black Friday. Hobby Lobby doesn't have a ton of abnormally crazy sales, but we're open a bit longer and make a lot of Christmas decor sales. I'll be ordering all day like normal, but I do expect to be up front cashiering a lot. I'm glad I have normal hours today-10am to 6pm. Tomorrow I close and we're open until 9pm, so who knows when we'll get to leave. I just have to keep telling myself that tomorrow is just one day and it will be over just like all the other ones. It may be a late night, but that's the only night that I have to close when the store is open until 9. So not a huge deal.

I am so incredibly thankful for my family. For my extended family, and my immediate family of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment