Monday, November 8, 2010

the way I eat now

Today I have eaten nearly all of my allotted calories for the day before 10 in the morning. I've been in a munchy mood-probably because a chunk of the calories are from frozen yogurt-but it was so worth it! I really enjoy eating frozen yogurt because it doesn't mess with my stomach like ice cream does-but I definitely have to practice self control!

Yesterday we went to Applebee's, and I thought I counted everything. I remembered this morning that we had chips with spinach artichoke dip, which I didn't count yesterday. So I went over a little, but not so bad. I have my limit set pretty low, so if I go over ever now and then I'm not going to freak out or anything. I just like eating this way because I can eat sugar and bread, but not so much that makes me feel really sick.

Thank goodness for hot tea with Truvia-satisfying when I need a little something, and no calories!

I totally agree that it is good to go gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, artificial additives-free, and eat more organic and fresh. However, we are on a budget and we like to eat sandwiches. I also like to eat a cookie every now and again. I honestly feel good about what I am eating, and I enjoy indulgences in small portions. This just keeps me from going overboard when I am feeling emotional or bored.

So for now this is where I am in my eating habits. Just eating pretty normal, but learning to eat less. This also helps with our budget, because our food lasts longer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment