Monday, November 22, 2010

Read and Response

Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved human praise more than praise from God.

From John 12.

I just wonder if what I do openly acknowledges my faith. Do my words and actions constantly say "Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World!" or do they just say "Calista is trying to make it through another day" ?

I know I sometimes say the latter. I have been praying about my attitude with work. Saturday was better. I want it to really be better. I don't want to be apathetic-even working at Hobby Lobby has a purpose. One being to pay off debt, but maybe God also has me there to share His good news with others. Even if it's just doing an excellent job as if I'm doing it all for Him, and not just for others. Because that's what I really am doing-putting stuff away for my Savior and His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment