Saturday, August 11, 2012

100 Days of Pregnancy: Day 100


I started the 100 day countdown by attending a lengthy comprehensive class for expectant parents. My mom stayed for the whole day, and helped me "think out loud" about upcoming issues, like who will be expected to do what, and what I might want to wear while laboring. The picture above is a packet of information provided at the class. The woman leading the class is a labor and delivery nurse, and was very informative. She seemed to prefer natural birth over a medicated one. I feel  much better about being in the hospital now that I've seen the labor and delivery room, and the mother/baby room-they have one room for the delivery, and another for recovery. The recovery room has a much nicer bed. I'm as convinced as ever that the best plan of action for me is to wait as long as possible before going to the hospital to give birth. Laboring as long as I can at home will be way more comfortable.

Mom also helped me sort through the mess I started a couple of days ago-SUPER helpful! Alex helped me put stuff back in the closet, and my stress about the mess and stuff is now gone! At some point we will need to make room yet again, and I still have some bits of things that need to be organized, but that can wait.

Great way to kick off the countdown!

Now I'm going to go eat some popcorn my wonderful husband is making for us :D

2 comments: