Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 85: Hootenanny

Today the youth game over. We had sandwiches (like usual) for lunch and watched "The Hunger Games." This is what I made for dinner:



It's called a Hootenanny! Also known as a baked pancake. It was an easy way to feed everyone. I also made scrambled eggs so that I wouldn't be serving/eating only sugar for "Brinner." We've decided that it would also taste good with cocoa powder and/or chocolate chips. I also only say it with a southern accent.  Here's the link to this dish.

Been feeling good. Still a few issues with leg cramps, but I usually don't have them if I drink plenty of water and exercise. One of the youth's grandma's send cookies and brownies over today, so I'm all sugared out right now. Fun way to end the second trimester.

2 comments:

  1. Bananas are supposed to help with leg cramps. They provide extra potassium.
    We have something like that hootenanny,, but it's called Dutch Baby. It just has 2 cups of flour, 2 cups of milk and 8 eggs and it tastes great! Look it up for full directions. It's a great breakfast food, especially when served with berry syrup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! I haven't been buying bananas the last couple of weeks (and I used to eat them on almost a daily basis) so I bet that would help! That sounds a lot like the directions I had (1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, and 6 eggs). Berry syrup-yum!

      Delete