Saturday, August 18, 2012

Days 94 and 93: Sleep issues and waffle cravings

So here's what happened:

Friday I had a lovely afternoon with friends at the Cool Springs mall talking about birth stories, options, recommendations, experiences, etc. I was going to take a picture at the mall, but I forgot. Bummer.

Alex got off work a little early and picked out a rental movie. We were looking forward to a chill evening. Neither of us had been sleeping very well the last couple of nights-Alex especially-and we were both tired.

Therefore, we decided the go to sleep shortly after dinner at 6:30pm.

Not the best idea. We did sleep for a while, but sometime in between a midnight bathroom run and 2:30am, neither of us got much sleep. When Alex checked the clock at 2:30, I told him I was really thirsty and hungry, and that I was craving waffles. Now, craving waffles is not a pregnancy thing. It's a being Calista thing. However, while asleep I'd been dreaming about waffles...and then spend two sleepless hours thinking about how hungry I felt and how delicious waffle are. Alex asked where we would get a waffle at 2:30 am-so I said Waffle House. My wonderful, amazing husband said that he would take me if I really wanted one that badly. So we went.

Yeah, I forgot to take a picture before I dove into the waffle.

When we got there, the parking lot was already pretty full! I was totally expecting the trucker or two sipping coffee experience. How wrong I was. There weren't even many seats open! The place was full of what looked like college age students, and even as we sat down, MORE people started coming in! It was really loud because of all the people. I was shocked. I feel like my eyes have been opened to another world where people don't realize they're supposed to be asleep (or at least at home) at 2:30am. At one point a super-grumpy guy sat down, complained about not getting service, and then finally left, saying he would go find someplace else to eat. I wanted to tell him "Good luck finding another place open!" I figured that wasn't a good idea, so I didn't.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long for our food-I got a pecan chocolate chip waffle. I drowned the thing in butter and syrup and ate the whole thing! We paid, left our nice waiter a tip, and went home.

And who can go back to sleep after eating a whole waffle? Not me! So Alex and I played some rounds of Call of Duty (where I died a lot) and then watched Netflix until a little after 6am, when we decided to go back to sleep. I woke up again around 9am and decided to get up for the day. Alex is still asleep. It's really nice to have a Saturday where the only thing planned is watching "Hunger Games" later this evening with some friends.

And that is why I was at Waffle House at 2:30am, and one of the many reasons why I have the best husband ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment