Friday, August 3, 2012

August Goals

Kelli just posted her August Resolutions, which reminded me that I wanted to come up with some goals for this month as well!

Here's what's happening this month:

  • I'm going to a comprehensive class at the hospital 
  • I take the glucose test at my next appointment
  • I go to the dentist at the end of the month for a cleaning.
  • I'm going to a wedding tomorrow.
  • We're receiving our copy of "The Hunger Games"
  • We'll go and see the new "Borne Legacy" movie when it comes out.
Those are the only things set in stone. I tried to make goals centered around events that are already happening. However:
  • I don't think there's anything I can do to prep for the class. I plan to takes notes, but this doesn't really seem goal-worthy to just say "take lots of notes and ask lots of questions" at the class.
  • I don't think I need to change my eating habits at this time. My only concern is a lack of gaining weight right now, but I hear it is easy to catch up in the third trimester. So gaining weight may be a goal for a later month if it's still an issue. I will have one food-related goal, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the glucose test.
  • I brush and floss daily. No dental worries at this time.
  • I guess I could say I'll share my piece of wedding cake with Alex?
  • Movies: could say I'll have a healthy snack, but mostly I'm just really excited about the movies.
So I've come up with some different kinds of goals for this month. The first one is food-related:

1. Try Juicing. Something I've never done before, and my grandma-in-law gave me a shredder/food processor/juicer and I want to try it. I keep hearing it's a great way to get in more veggies, which is definitely something I should be doing.
Source

2. Finish reading "What Is Reformed Theology" by R.C. Sproul. Alex said I should read this book months ago. I started it, but haven't made it a priority to finish. I've put off reading other things because I feel like I should keep reading this book.
Source
3. Read at least one other book for fun. Reading is a better alternative to facebook and pinterest. Not sure what I'll read yet, but I'm looking forward to picking up a book for fun.

4. Practice songs on the piano 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. I've recently started playing some praise and worship songs on our keyboard, and would like to continue practicing. I have one song with actual notes, and the rest are just chords. Chords are easy, but they also challenge me to be creative in how I play them. It's also a good reminder to praise God is all that I do.

Those are my goals for the month! I've enjoyed reading others' goals with the link on Kelli's blog!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there, I linked to your blog via Kelli's :)

    I just wanted to let you know that R.C. Sproul is super good, just difficult to read. (big words)

    Your resolutions sound like things that I would like to try my hand at. Here's to hoping that everything goes well for you with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I actually stick to the reading goals! Those are my biggest challenge.

      Delete
  2. I'm reading all the Narnia books for fun right now. They may be up your alley for fun, as they are fantasy driven, but spiritually inspired. Just a though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! my dad read them to me as a kid-and I've read a few of them on my own! LOVE CS Lewis!

      Delete