Here's what's happening this month:
- I'm going to a comprehensive class at the hospital
- I take the glucose test at my next appointment
- I go to the dentist at the end of the month for a cleaning.
- I'm going to a wedding tomorrow.
- We're receiving our copy of "The Hunger Games"
- We'll go and see the new "Borne Legacy" movie when it comes out.
Those are the only things set in stone. I tried to make goals centered around events that are already happening. However:
- I don't think there's anything I can do to prep for the class. I plan to takes notes, but this doesn't really seem goal-worthy to just say "take lots of notes and ask lots of questions" at the class.
- I don't think I need to change my eating habits at this time. My only concern is a lack of gaining weight right now, but I hear it is easy to catch up in the third trimester. So gaining weight may be a goal for a later month if it's still an issue. I will have one food-related goal, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with the glucose test.
- I brush and floss daily. No dental worries at this time.
- I guess I could say I'll share my piece of wedding cake with Alex?
- Movies: could say I'll have a healthy snack, but mostly I'm just really excited about the movies.
So I've come up with some different kinds of goals for this month. The first one is food-related:
1. Try Juicing. Something I've never done before, and my grandma-in-law gave me a shredder/food processor/juicer and I want to try it. I keep hearing it's a great way to get in more veggies, which is definitely something I should be doing.
2. Finish reading "What Is Reformed Theology" by R.C. Sproul. Alex said I should read this book months ago. I started it, but haven't made it a priority to finish. I've put off reading other things because I feel like I should keep reading this book.
4. Practice songs on the piano 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time. I've recently started playing some praise and worship songs on our keyboard, and would like to continue practicing. I have one song with actual notes, and the rest are just chords. Chords are easy, but they also challenge me to be creative in how I play them. It's also a good reminder to praise God is all that I do.
Those are my goals for the month! I've enjoyed reading others' goals with the link on Kelli's blog!