Saturday, December 25, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Whew. Starting tomorrow, I am back to tracking what I eat. But the past couple of days have been fun with family and eating yumminess.

Thursday I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and the house looked cleaner than it ever has before. I was exhausted. Then we went over to the in-laws for dinner and Alex worked on a computer-something for his mother, and we got to see Uncle John and Poppa.

Friday I worked at Hobby Lobby and it was boring but I am glad that I still have the job. Another person got fired yesterday. That makes three so far since I've started working. Granted, seasonal workers aren't guaranteed to work past holiday hours, but I'm thankful for every day that I have there. That's one more day closer to being completely debt-free!

After work I went back over to my wonderful in-law family to celebrate Christmas Eve. Sadly, I only got to wave goodbye to a few who were on their way out, but a good time nonetheless.

Christmas morning we got up at 6:30 and opened our presents to each other. Alex very thoughtfully bought me various girly presents-makeup, smell-good spray, a loofa, and a beautiful purple scarf. He also bought me shaving cream, with the promise to buy me more when I run out. He said I should be using that instead of soap because it's better. So I will :) I think we're setting up my elliptical machine tomorrow! I got him some different chocolate and candy, a "to go" mug for his coffee, a couple "best of" Abbott and Costello dvd's and he got an ipod. Great first Christmas with my husband.

Then we went over for a full day of Christmas fun with the Barberi's. Lacey and Justin joined us for breakfast and lunch. The girls got "Just Dance 2" for the Wii and we attempted to dance to all kinds of songs! There's a short video of us dancing up on facebook, so check it out if you want a good laugh. There's also a wonderful video that Uncle John made about being thankful and how Jesus Christ and relationships really are the reason for the season. He did a really great job.

We watched "Despicable Me" and "Paycheck" at two different times during the day. Both good movies; both ones I might watch again.

Alex and I received such wonderful gifts from everyone! We are so blessed by the people who love us. It has also been such a joy to see Poppa and Uncle John for the past couple of days-truly interesting and inspiring relatives.

Missing my grandparents and family that I didn't see, but i think we're going to try to Skype sometime maybe tomorrow.

What a wonderful Christmas-thanks to my Lord and Savior for such a wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment