Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 59: Maybe it isn't so bad...

Proverbs 29:25 "The fear of man is a snare,
but the one who trusts in the Lord is protected."

Good verse for me to remember. 

I started testing my blood today. I will be testing it four times a day: when I get up in the morning, two hours after breakfast, two hours after lunch, and two hours after dinner. I'm to bring the records to my doctor's appointment next Wednesday and discuss everything with her. If my blood sugar levels are consistently too high, then they will consider medication.

My fasting level should be below 95, and this morning it was 75. The after-breakfast level should be below 120, and it was 74. I'm beginning to feel less worried.

I'm going to track what I eat on sparkpeople.com, and bring it with me when I go to see the dietitian on Monday. Then she can see what I've been eating (and my blood sugar levels over the weekend) and tell me if/what I need to change.

Thanks so much for all of the encouragement. Y'all are amazing. I was all stressed out yesterday, and it helps so much to read that you're keeping me, Alex, and Adara in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment