1. They told me not to eat or drink anything for 8 hours before I came. Not even water. I ate a snack and drank water around 8pm, and went to sleep around 10pm.
2. I got to the office early and waited a few minutes. 8:15am. Then the lab lady drew my blood.
3. While in the lab, the lady then gave me a sugar (glucose) drink that tasted like berry Kool-Aid. It tasted wonderful to me, as I felt very hungry and thirsty.
4. I was then sent out to the waiting room and told to come back in an hour.
5. I sat in the waiting room for an hour-I had my phone (Netflix, music, Kindle), magazines on the table, and a TV in the waiting room.
6. I went back to the lab after an hour and the lab lady drew my blood from the other arm. 9:15am. She said I could drink a little water, so I did after I went back to the waiting room.
7. I waited in the waiting room for another hour chillin' with the TV and my smart phone. I watched some Rachel Ray and I started a Netflix show called "The Best Food Ever." Then I stopped it after a few minutes because it made me hungry. I started the first Lord of the Rings book, but didn't enjoy reading on my phone as much as on Alex's Kindle.
8. I went back after the hour was up and the lab lady drew my blood from the first arm. 10:15am This time hurt more than the first.
9. I waited in the waiting room for an hour. I watched some of "The Price is Right" and started a Netflix show "How Stuff Works." This episode was about corn.
10. I went back after an hour and the lab lady drew my blood on the other arm. 11:15am. Done! The lab lady was super nice the entire time, and I'm very thankful for her.
I went home and immediately put some leftovers in the microwave to eat. I drank some water, and then poured myself a large glass of sweet tea. No coffee this morning, so no caffeine worries. The tea also doesn't taste as sweet as I'd like, so that's probably a good thing.
So glad this morning is over!! Hopefully I won't need blood drawn again for a really long time!