Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 74: Welcome baby Jenna! (story included)



Check out that awesome head of hair! This beautiful baby is less than 24 hours old, and I got to see her today! You know Angie? She's been in some of my pictures on this blog, and we have started a crafting blog that we sort of keep up with.

Here's the birth story from my perspective:

On Tuesday Angie came over to my apartment in the afternoon to go swimming. She'd just come form her doctor's appointment, and said that she did let the doctor strip her membranes. She said that the doctor and other office workers assured her that it is something that even midwives do, and that it would not cause her water to break.

(Side note: When Angie was pregnant with Jayden, the doctor stripped her membranes and her water broke the next day.)

We were in the pool maybe an hour, when Angie suddenly got a serious look on her face and said, "We have to get out of the pool RIGHT NOW!" She explained that she thought her water just broke, so we quickly dried off and went back to my apartment. She put on clothes, headed to her mother-in-law's house, and promised to call when she had more news.

I received a call later that evening, and Angie was headed home. She thought maybe the baby had just squished her bladder in a major way, so they were going to wait a while before deciding anything for sure. We chatted a bit on Facebook that night about the uncertainty of her situation, and how nerve-wracking that can be.

The next morning she called and said that her water didn't break-that it must have just been some squished bladder issue. Angie said that she was in the hospital being monitored, but that if nothing else happened she was going to go home within a couple of hours.

I got a phone call a couple of hours later saying that they did an ultrasound, that her amniotic fluid was dangerously low, and that was only possible if her water did break.So baby Jenna was going to be born later that day! Angie said she'd let people know when the baby came, and I promised we'd be praying.

I didn't hear anything before going to sleep last night. I checked my phone first thing this morning, and I had a text message with a picture and an announcement that Jenna was in the world! She was born around 10pm last night, and looks like Angie!

I got to go see this perfect little girl today a little before noon.Alex walked over to the room with me. Jenna is so cute, and Angie looks so great too! This was very encouraging to me, as I'm also planning to birth a child in the same hospital.

Congrats to Adam and Angie on the birth of Jenna! So excited for them, and so happy that I got to see her today!

No comments:

Post a Comment