Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 19: Alex's Co-workers throw us a baby shower!

Again, I am overwhelmed by the generosity of others. The conference room was full of people celebrating the coming of our daughter. They were so nice, offering many congratulations. I realized that we may have a few visitors after Adara is born, since she will be born where Alex works. That's fine with me, as long as I have a little bit of my own recovery time! Here are some pictures I took while we were there:

Minnie Mouse Diaper Cake
 I love that the burp cloth has Adara's name on it! I remember when I was younger, that I was super bummed that nothing had "Calista" on it. I cherished the personalized items with my name on them. Now Adara will have some, even though her name is also unusual!

diaper/wipes baby
 Alex's co-workers told him that he had to hold this baby, since I've been holding one for so long! They said people around the office had taken turns "holding the baby."

Cake!

Super-cute cake! There were some other table decorations that were also functional. Someone at the shower took pictures with a real camera, so I'll share those when I get them. Alex's manager got us a gift that we opened, and everyone else pitched in for gift cards! Yay! Now we can order what we need, as we need it! Such a great idea! Like I said, very thoughtful, and so appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment