Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 20: Doctor's appointment

Weight 151 lbs. Blood pressure looks good. Other signs look good. Before I saw the doctor, I was hooked up to a monitor that checked the baby's heartbeat for a while. This was the non-stress test. It was kind of boring, but at least there was another lady and her mom in the room for a while. The other person being monitored is due around the same time I am, so that's pretty cool.

The doctor says the monitoring looks great! She asked also about my blood sugars, and I told her they were fine, as long as I remember to eat at night before I go to sleep. If I don't, I sometimes wake up in the night not feeling well. She also asked how my levels are after meals, and I said they are fine. Technically, I haven't been checking them this week, since they were so consistent before. She didn't ask to see specific numbers, so I didn't tell her that I hadn't been checking. By this time I can tell by how I feel if I've over indulged in sugar, or if I need to eat something. I may check my sugar every once in a while just in case, but it's been so nice to not worry about checking it this week.

Progress: Doctor says I'm this same as last week-2cm and 70% effaced. She said the head is still down. She said baby can still come at any time, and that I am further along that what she expects from a first pregnancy. She said to go to the hospital if my water breaks and to call or come in if I start having regular, painful contractions. She asked if I've been having any contractions, and I said that I've only had very mild Braxton Hicks, but nothing serious.

I almost left without asking about the Strep B test. The doctor says my test came back negative! Yay! One less thing to worry about!

Although it's exciting that going once a week to the doctor means Adara is coming soon, I'm already tired of going to the doctor. It isn't particularly enjoyable being checked for progress, and it's pretty boring sitting in one room or another waiting to talk to someone. I'm glad this part is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment